sftp -b <batch> refuses to connect

Nancy Merckle nancym at fellspt.charm.net
Sat Jul 2 07:58:10 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

>> It looks to me like your keys are out of sync.  You may need to
>> update/regenerate them.
> Which keys (key-files) are you referring to?

The password keys... the files that tell the system you are connecting to
that you are a trusted user on a trusted system.

Does "sftp user at somesite" require you to enter a password?

If it does, then system you are using doesn't recognize whatever "password
file" has been set up for automatic connection.  This "password file" can
be set up with ssh keys, or through .netrc. (And maybe other ways too,
these are the only ones I'm familiar with.)

If it doesn't require a password, then I have no idea where the problem
may be.

Nancy

nancym at charm.net  ..... (future) http://www.charm.net/~nancym/
The Kitties Page  ...........  http://members.aol.com/Mysnats/