no voice with xine

Globe Trotter itsme_410 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 2 16:29:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

Over the past two weeks, ever since xine got upgraded, I have had a strange
issue with xine. There is no sound anymore. Moreover, when I quit, this is what
I get:

$ xine -f mov.mpg
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.3.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.
mkdir(/local) failed: Permission denied

Any suggestions? My home directory is in /usr/local rather than /home, but none
of this has ever been an issue.

Moreover there is no issue with mplayer in terms of sound et al. Running FC4
and the latest 2.6.12 kernel, but the previous 2.6.11 of before yesterday had
the same issue.

Many thanks and best wishes!