Re: Can't open display -- SOLVED

  [..snip..]

  Paul:> Why don't you use "ssh -X light.unix" on dark.unix, opening a secure
  Paul:> connection from dark to light with X forwarding (i.e. running "prog"
  Paul:> just works), so that you don't need to set up the tcp listening and
  Paul:> don't have to mess about with "xhost" and $DISPLAY?

Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that and still got the error
message.  However, I will tinker again and see what happens.
--
Wojciech Komornicki