changing voice with festival

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Sat Jul 2 21:03:22 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 02, 2005 at 01:53:30PM -0700, Globe Trotter wrote:
> Would it please be possible to include a British male and female accent
> also? Their diction is usually great and understandable across the world!
> (Brits call themselves as lacking in accent:-)

Unfortunately, the British voices use festlex_OALD, from the  Oxford
Advanced Learners' Dictionary, and that's restricted to non-commercial use.
So it can't be included. (This is why the CMU Scottish voice is US English,
too, I suppose.)

Like I said, I'm not a speech synthesis expert... if anyone knows any
Fedora-licensing-compatible options, let me know.

> Btw, I have no .festivalrc file. I guess I should creat this, looking at
> the manual?

Yep.