Fedora Core 4 hangs before switching to the greeter during bootup

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Sat Jul 2 23:00:31 UTC 2005

Hi

Some more info is required in order to help you out.

Assuming that you boot directly in runlevel 5, the output of this command
might be of use:

ls /etc/rc.d/rc5.d

might also tell us if you have someting in S99local

Besides that, when the system "seems to hang" during boot, there are actually
safeguards that will abort the current task if it takes too long (like >
2min).

You might also try Interactive startup (press I when you are told to)

Did you try to switch to another virtual terminal?  Try <ctrl>+<alt>+<f2> and
see if you get a prompt

HTH

With kind regards

Andy