Fedora Core 4 -- 1387 Kernel Problem Compaq nx9010 Laptop

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 3 14:10:26 UTC 2005

Markus Huber wrote:

> Robert L Cochran wrote:
>
>> The 1387 kernel for Fedora Core 4 seems broken on my HP Compaq nx9010
>> laptop. Kernel messages seem to stop dead shortly after "setting
>> hostname to localhost.localdomain" but pressing the <enter> or
>> ctrl-alt-delete keys seems to restart messages very s-l-o-w-l-y.
>

> Had another issue with this kernel:
> booting on the desktop was ok, but starting winrar through wine froze
> the whole system. I tried the kernel from the development tree and
> everything seems to be fine. So I hope for a kernel update soon.
>
> My installed kernels are:
> $ rpm -q kernel
> kernel-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4
> kernel-2.6.12-1.1387_FC4
> kernel-2.6.12-1.1411_FC5
>
> Regards
> Markus Huber

I can boot fine with kernel-2.6.12-1.1400_FC5 but get the same lockup
seen with kernel-2.6.12-1.1387_FC4  as with  kernel-2.6.12-1.1411_FC5.
Are you using a system that relies ACPI to be functional? I cannot boot
with either.

Jim

--
"Love your country but never trust its government."
-- from a hand-painted road sign in central Pennsylvania