Fedora, xorg and Matrox P650?

Well, I bought a Matrox P650 and expected it to work with the standard
x-org drivers as I'm used to with the various models of the G-series.
OK, my fault, should have asked google before.

There are binary drivers available by Matrox, but unfortunately not for
x86_64. And their drivers used to be a mess and of beta quality for
years now. I googled a little bit and couldn't find any hint for a free
driver.

Does someone (perhaps of Red Hats X team) know, whether I can expect
P650 support by x.org in the near future? Or should I better drop Matrox
at all and buy another video card with dual head support (seems to me
that nvidia's are the only affordable ones)?

Thanks in advance

Peter