printer stopped working - solved partially

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Sun Jul 3 20:46:27 UTC 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 22:04, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> Now, I am surprised that it worked straight away last week when I bought
> the printer. I plugged it in, switched on, configured the printer and
> printing worked. Now, I've been trying for over 6 hours and can't even get
> an error message when I try to print. Something has gone completely broken,
> but what ?!?
> The printer shows idle (accepting jobs). It doesn't do a damn thing, so
> even the reporting is wrong.

It turns out the driver that worked last week, stopped working.
Selected another driver and it started printing.

Please someone improve cups error messages as this was only solved by trial
and error and took me 6 hours before I came to idea to try another driver.

I still don't know what's wrong with the driver that worked last week though.
(last week I used bjc-7000 -> gimp-print-ijs). That doesn't work any more, so
now I use the bjc800 driver.
This means the recommended driver has stopped working. Fortunately the bjc800
works wel enough for me.

Regards,
Marcel