reinstallation FC4 problem

Mike Chambers mike at netlyncs.com
Mon Jul 4 00:52:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 08:26 +0800, sadashiv.chopdekar at ubs.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I had FC4 installed and running smoothly. Yesterday I ran up2date to update my system. It downloaded number of packages and while upgrading gnome, it failed and error out. I was not given any option and the system went down. When I started my machine, it started all the services but was not able to start GNOME panel. Taking this as an opportunity to install Windows, I install windows by formatting entire disk. Installation went well but when I booted, my system it displayed me "GRUB". nothing happens after that.
> Then I re-install FC4 giving him entire hard disk. It formats and while transferring image to hard disk it fails saying "hard disk ran out of space".
> If I re-boot, it stays at "GRUB"
> I have Dell inspiron 3800 with 12GB hard disk. I had windows 98 but moved to FC4 recently.

When installing Windows, only use up enough disk space to allow you to
install, add whatever programs and such.

Then install FC4 (fresh, not upgrade) using the rest of the disk space.
Then you can access windows or linux via grub.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everything is always harder, before it's easier!"