Fedora Download Page Useless

David Fletcher fm_maillists at ntlworld.com
Mon Jul 4 22:23:37 UTC 2005

On Monday 04 Jul 2005 03:10, Vytas Valas wrote:
> Thanks for sending some info on getting the
> sha1sum.exe file. I tried the links you included in
> your email and found them to be as useless as the
> redhat download page. Dragging the iso file over the
> dssha.exe on a windows desktop as you said merely got
> a "access denied" message. So, nothing could be
> simpler, hey?
>
> Thanks again for trying, but as nothing worked, well,
> what can I say?
>
> Vytas

To make sure, I just copied a couple of the FC4 CD iso files and the SHA1SUM
file across to a DOS partition, then downloaded sha1sum.exe.

Then rebooted into XP. Soon found out that sha1sum.exe is a DOS command prompt
file which requires the name of the iso file as it's command line parameter.
It chews over the iso file for a few seconds then displays the sha1sum and
terminates.

The sums displayed by sha1sum.exe exactly match the sums in the SHA1SUM file
from the Fedora download mirrors.

There, Vytas, it's really not very difficult.

Well, what can I say?

I'm no genius, so are you sure that you really can't get this to work? Perhaps
you simply don't want it to work, in case you end up learning something new.

You don't happen to work for Bill, do you?

Dave F

--
Registered Linux user number 393408