Supermount -- Advisable?

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Tue Jul 5 09:56:28 UTC 2005

Paul Howarth wrote:

> Benjamin Sher wrote:

>>> It should be working properly for all applications if you are
>>> physically
>>> logged-in on that machine and not using it remotely.
>>>
>>> P.S. Please stop top-posting on this mailing list.
>>> Paul.
>>> --
>>> Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>
>>

>> I tried to mount the data CD by clicking on the File Manager as Root
>> or User but it failed to open the CD.
>

> You shouldn't need to do this because it should already be mounted.
>
> When you say "It's working fine in the console", what do you mean?

What I mean is that I can mount and open the files on my data CD by typing:

#mount /dev/hdc -t iso9660 /media/cdrecorder

Then I can cd to the /media/cdrecorder directory and see and manipulate
my subdirectories and files.

If I try to access my data CD using the File Manager as Root, it will
not work (I get a crash sound) UNTIL I first mount it in the console as
above. Then, after mounting it, I can access my files either in the
console (as above) or by using the File Manager as Root.

Benjamin

Benjamin