Re: Kernel 2.6.12-1.1387 hang up at "setting up hostname"

i definitely had the same issue. you are not alone with it.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl

p.s. selinux is enabled and will stay enabled on my box... if an error
occurs disabling selinux is not a good advice in my eyes...
relabelling can be problematic.