Re: Bind Error with New Kernel

edwarner99 yahoo com wrote:

With kernel 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4 bind no longers wants to write my .jnl files in /var/named/chroot/var/named. Instead it insists on writing the file to /var/named/ but only if I give the folder write permission for named.

Sounds like chroot isn't working, or isn't being attempted. Are there any interesting errors logged in /var/log/messages by named? Does /etc/sysconfig/named still say "ROOTDIR=/var/named/chroot"?

I'm guessing here, but SELinux might be breaking something. Does chroot work properly if you boot with SELinux disabled?