Re: Killing idle SSH sessions?

Brandon Laing wrote:
John,

Could you go into a bit more detail about this? I'm talking about any kind of remote login via SSH, be it from a Windows or Linux system. I'd just like to find a way for SSH to kill the session after 15 minutes of inactivity to make sure someone doesn't leave an open session up on their screen logged into a critical system.

I'm sure you can read the man page and try stuff out as well as I can. AFAICR it applies to both local and remote logins.

John Summerfied wrote:

Hey list,

I'm curious to know if there is a way to have SSH kill idle sessions after a set time in Fedora 2 and 3. I've been looking around and haven't really found any way of doing this. The closest settings I've found are these:

I think bash provides that capability (but it applies whether you connect via ssh or login at tty1).

Cheers
John

-- spambait
1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au  Z1aaaaaaa computerdatasafe com au