New Age Music can kill FC4

Hoffmann oasf2004 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 5 23:36:55 UTC 2005

--- Rick Stevens <rstevens at vitalstream.com> wrote:

> Hoffmann wrote:
> > --- Markus Huber <humarfedoralists at yahoo.de>
> wrote:

> >>information

> or
> >>
> >>don't

> >>What a pity, but I am not an expert on that. CDs
> >>simply autostart on FC4
> >>here, and my usual checklist might not apply to
> your
> >>problem:
> >>
> >>- any audio at all?
> >>- CD-audiocable connected in the tower (hardware)?
> >>- do CDs automatically start in gnome
> >>(gnome-volume-properties)?
> >>- CD volume enabled in gnome-volume-control?
> >>
> >>Good luck, because FC4 is really a nice
> >>distribution.
> >>
> >>Btw.: did you try Real Player (they have a linux
> >>version als well)?
> >>
> >>Greetings
> >>Markus
> >>

> > Hi Markus,
> > I have sound on FC4. The problem is the the CD
> drive
> > is not read my (MUSIC) CD's at all on LINUX FC4.
> The
> > CD drive reads data CDs with NO problem, however.
>
> You need to hook up the audio cable between your
> drive and your
> motherboard.

> - Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer
> rstevens at vitalstream.com -
> - VitalStream, Inc.
> http://www.vitalstream.com -
> -
>                 -
> -             To iterate is human, to recurse,
> divine.               -

Hi All:

Since, finally, I got my CD drive working (reading my
music CDs), I became very happy, and I did a mistake
on the list. I replied to the list by including
'Problem SOLVED' on the subject. However, I am not
sure if the original posting (Robert Cahn) already
solved his problem. So, let's move our attention to
him now. I mean, let's try to help him in his case.
Sorry for that Robert.
Best,
Hoffmann