FC3 Print Sharing

Steve Croteau stevecroteau at comcast.net
Wed Jul 6 23:17:37 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 06 July 2005 3:02 pm, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> > > I somehow missed the information what OS box #2 runs.
> >
> > Both boxes run FC3.
>
> Ok. So using printconf-gui, adding a printer, using IPP network printer
> and as address http://<IP #1>:631 (left field) /printer/<queue_name>
> (right field) does not work?
>
> Alexander

Alexander,
Here are my client (box #2) settings and also the error message.

Networked Cups (IPP)
192.168.0.2/255.255.255.0 (left field)
/printers/deskjet-5550 (right field)

In description field under main print config window;
Network host '192.168.0.2' is busy; will try again in 30 seconds...

Here are my server (box #1) settings

queue name: deskjet-5550
Locally-connected
/dev/usb/lp0  	hp deskjet 5550

Sharing is configured as:
192.168.0.3	255.255.255.0

What do I have messed up?  Get me through this and I'll dance at your birthday
party.....or maybe not!

Steve