Re: The "Make Install" command does not work ... Why?

Rashan Jibowu wrote:

Whenever I type: make install or make <whatever>
I get the following error message " *** No rule to make target 'install'. Stop. "
What does this mean and how can get the make command to work correctly?
I'm using the latest stable release of Fedora Core 4.

Sell on Yahoo! Auctions <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTE0bG4ybmRjBF9TAzk1OTQ5NjM2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFnBHNsawNhdWN0aW9ucw--/SIG=10vb8ief1/**http%3a//auctions.yahoo.com/> - No fees. Bid on great items.

The "make" program looks for a file named one of makefile Makefile MAKEFILE in the current directory. If none is found, then it displays that message. Or if it finds one, but no rule to make the listed target is present in the file, then it displays that message.

Mike