Font printouts too dark

Arthur Pemberton dalive at flashmail.com
Thu Jul 7 05:53:17 UTC 2005

Hello,

I have Fedora Core 4, with a fully functioning HP Deskjet 5150. FC has
given me no problems in setup or use. However, I have noticed, since
FC3, that the fonts (text) come out a lot darker, and more bold than
they should. The fonts look alot thinner and crisper on the screen, and
on prinouts (same ttf font) in Windows.

Since I have no intention what so ever to go to Windows just to pint,
I'd really like some assistance in solving this issue. I'm unsure of
where to start the troubleshooting. It does seem to be a software
problem for sure.

Thanks

Arturo