FC4 stops X11 app popping to front of Z order

I have some apps that change there Z order to come to the front and
get focus. Under FC3 no problem. But under FC4 the window gets
focus but the Z order does not change.

I have also seen this problem when I click on the Panels buttons to
start up a new firefox. It start under the window with focus.

Which code is responsible? How can I configure/patch to fix
this problem?

Barry