Eclipse

Ugo Bellavance ugob at camo-route.com
Fri Jul 8 13:25:23 UTC 2005

Andrew Overholt wrote:
> Hi Ugo,
>
> On Wed, 2005-06-07 at 13:44 -0400, Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>
>>	I installed FC4 this week, and most of it is going fine.  However, I'm
>>having problems with Eclipse.
>

> The version that was shipped with FC4 has some known issues.  We have
> 3.1 final ready to go out as an update, but that is waiting on a gcc
> update (most likely next week or the week after).

Ok

>>1- The 'Source' menu appears as '%Refactoring.menu.label' and sub-menus
>>are also screwed.
>

> Yeah, this was an oversight in the CDT package that went out with FC4.
> It's been reported many times in bugzilla and was fixed a while ago in
> rawhide.  We will be pushing out a CDT update as soon as the Eclipse SDK
> update goes out.

CDT: C development tools for eclipse?  I don't use it for C/C++, could I
uninstall the CDT package and it would be ok?

>>2- The CVS plugin just doesn't seem to work.  I get nothing in my
>>repository, and I configured it just like on my windows machine (which
>>works).
>

> This is something that I haven't seen before.  Can you explain further?
> It's best to file a bug in bugzilla about this if you can.

I would if I knew where to get more information.

The process:

File -> New -> Project -> CVS -> Checkout Projects from CVS ->
Create/set repository settings -> When asked to select module, if I
click the 'Use an existing module' radio button, I can't access the
modules on my server.  If I enter the module name direclty, the windwow
closes after I press 'next' or 'finish'.

Thanks,

Ugo