SSH publickey auth

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Fri Jul 8 21:47:24 UTC 2005

Am Fr, den 08.07.2005 schrieb Gunnar Kramm um 23:35:

> > C:\cwrsync>ssh -vvv rlback at reddawn.dyndns.org
> > OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003
> > debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
> > debug1: Connecting to reddawn.dyndns.org [68.79.53.81] port 22.
> > debug1: Connection established.
> > debug1: identity file /cygdrive/c/Documents and
> > Settings/myep/.ssh/identity type -1

^^^^^ "type -1"

> > debug3: Not a RSA1 key file /cygdrive/c/Documents and
> > Settings/myep/.ssh/id_rsa.
>
> It looks to me like your problem is here.  the id_rsa file on you windows
>  server is not being recognized as a valid RSA key.  So perhaps there was an
> error when you copied the id_rsa file to the windows server. or perhaps the
> permissions are funny.

The key is simply not for SSH version 1. SSH version 1 should be avoided
wherever possible as it has know security flaws.
Later in debug it says

"debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0"

> on your windows server can you show us the file permission of the files in
> .ssh/?

There is no file permission problem (IMHO).

> Gunnar Kramm

Michael, review the article you followed and do not tell the SSH client
to use SSH protocol version 1.

http://fedoranews.org/dowen/sshkeys/

Alexander

Serendipity 23:40:41 up 13 days, 6:32, load average: 0.29, 0.17, 0.16