Re: How do I run *.jar rpogram

Parameshwara Bhat wrote:
Hello List,

I have installed JRE 1.5_2 from sun site. Installation seems to have gone
well. I presume once JRE is installed, I should automatically be able to
run
any java program. I have downloaded Azureus bittorrent client in *.jar
form.
it doesn't run.

how do i set up my environment to run this program ? could any body
suggest?

To run a Java program packaged as JAR file (which is nothing but a ZIP file) run the following command:

java -jar myjar.jar

To do so the <JAVA_HOME>/bin directory must be in the path.

HTH,
  Christian