any success w/fc4 on these mb's ?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Sat Jul 9 16:24:47 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-07-09 at 10:45, Marcel Janssen wrote:
> On Saturday 09 July 2005 13:35, Ray Curtis wrote:
> > Just  ordered this same setup and should have it in about a week.
> > You mention a trick you had to use to get X to start using the Nvidia
> > driver, could you elaborate more please ?
>
> The problem I have seems to occur only when using dual DVI output.
> When I start my FC4 with the xorg.conf made for the nvidia driver, the machine
> freezes when X is started.
> When I start the machine with an xorg.conf which selects the nv driver, it
> will boot fine.
> After it boots fine, I just copy the xorg.conf made for the nvidia driver into
> place and restart X (brute crtl-alt-backspace). Than it somehow works untill
> my next boot, where I need to repeat the whole thing again.
> This is repeatable and with driver versions 7664 and 7174 (I haven't tried the
> latest nvidia drivers yet, but will soon (perhaps today).

On one system I have I needed to copy the nvidia drivers to
/etc/udev/devices so they would be placed in /dev directory when udev
recreates that at boot time.

I suspect the problem is that when you reboot those files are not there
an your xorg.conf which is referencing them hangs the system trying to
start X.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com