Re: WMA files

Øyvind Stegard wrote:
Steven Stern wrote:

I've copied all of music files from my Windows machine to /var/music. Music Player (Rhythmbox) finds and plays the MP3 files, but seems to ignore the WMA files. Is there an addin/plugin for it that will let it read/play/catalog the WMA files?

Check out gstreamer-* packages at http://freshrpms.net, gstreamer-ffmpeg or gstreamer-pitfdll should enable Rhythmbox to play wma's (I guess they have to be DRM-free/unencrypted). I think you'll need win32 codec DLLs to use pitfdll.

I tried both packages from freshrpms, but it still grays out the WMA files when I try to import them into the libary. Phoo!