FC4 - Voodoo

C.Beamer cbeamer at interlynx.net
Sun Jul 10 21:56:38 UTC 2005

Hi All,

The subject line does not refer to a graphics card.  It refers to the
fact that I think Fedora Core was stricken with some sort of voodoo
because I can't do anything in FC4 that was easy as pie in FC3.

This probably isn't the right place to post this, but I've discovered
that Fedora, as much as I love it, is "quirky", so I'm going to ask for
help.  If it is not a Fedora issue, then kindly directy me to the place
where I can get help.

My problem has to do with mysql.

I've been using this since FC2 and have always added users using the
"GRANT" command.

For instance, I used to be able to type (as root)
GRANT ALL ON *.* TO 'colleen at localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'password' WITH
GRANT OPTION;

(Of course, I'm not going to put a "real" password in there!)

Now, I get a message saying that the syntax is wrong.  I would wonder
except that I got this from the MySQL website where the user manual is
posted.  I also have an O'Reilly Book that I use.

What is going on here?   Can anyone help?

Regards,

Colleen