powernow-k7 and smp enabled kernels

I recently tried several kernels which had smp support that were stock from Fedora. The kernels did not work for managing my power features. Therefore, I decided to see if downloading the source, making a config file that supported my hardware.
My main question is if anyone has tried an smp kernel on a laptop for an AMD processor with any success? Also, does the centrino for Intel processors work whn smp is enabled in the kernel?
Thanks,
Jim

--
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time
to reform.