FC4 Sluggishness on a 466 MHz Celeron

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Jul 11 02:17:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 22:08 -0400, stan mcintosh wrote:

> FC4 installed ran easily enough, but it makes this computer almost as
> slow as when it had Win-98.  What am I doing wrong in the setup?  I need
> to revisit Thunderbird setup, since downloading e-mails has gotten to be
> slower than I have ever experienced.

Not sure of the differences to make FC4 slower, but have you made sure
unneeded services aren't running that you don't need?  Do you have extra
programs running?

Of course, I'm sure that at one point, FC versions aren't going to run
too fast on some of the older hardware.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everything is always harder, before it's easier!"