Apache, httpd, php woes

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Jul 11 07:09:22 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 21:09 -0700, Rashan Jibowu wrote:
> Ok, logging in to root solved the error. Now that php
> is uninstalled (it's depencies remain... should I
> remove these too?), I still cannot start the httpd
> service, nor does it start when my computer starts up.
> In fact, httpd is the only service that fails at start
> up. How can I fix this?

First fix your broken RPM database (caused by using --nodeps) by either
reinstalling php or removing the dependent packages.

Then try restarting httpd and look in any log files in /var/log/httpd
that have been written to since you tried to start httpd (use "ls
-lrt /var/log/httpd" to get a list of files sorted such that the
last-modified one is at the end of the list).

P.S. Please do not top-post on this mailing list:

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>