Using cyrus-imapd, and moving off dovecot...

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Mon Jul 11 08:46:33 UTC 2005

Is it my imagination, or is the CYRUS_MAILER_PATH wrong for
x86_64 packaging?  I'm looking at /usr/share/sendmail-cf/mailer/cyrus.m4
where it says:

ifdef(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',, `define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH',
/usr/lib/cyrus-imapd/deliver)')

but that should be /usr/lib64/... right?

Also, is there an easy way to take old dovecot mailboxes from $USER/mail/
and push the contents into the Cyrus message store instead?

I had to apply the following trickery to /etc/mail/sendmail.mc to get things
to work...

***************
*** 160,164 ****
--- 162,176 ----
  dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(localhost.localdomain)dnl
  dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomainalias.com)dnl
  dnl MASQUERADE_DOMAIN(mydomain.lan)dnl
+ define(`LOCAL_MAILER_PATH', `')dnl
+ FEATURE(local_lmtp)dnl
+ define(`CYRUS_MAILER_PATH', `/usr/lib64/cyrus-imapd/deliver')dnl
+ FEATURE(local_procmail)dnl
+ define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `procmail -t -Y -a $h -d $u')dnl
  MAILER(smtp)dnl
  MAILER(procmail)dnl
+ MAILER(local)dnl
+ MAILER(cyrus)dnl
+
+ LOCAL_RULE_0
+ Rbb + $+ < @ $=w . >  $#cyrusbb $: $

seems that this should be simpler....  more turn-key.  Note the
CYRUS_MAILER_PATH
was overridden for the above problem.  Not sure if I definitely need the
local mailer or
not... the MailerToTriple rule might require it...   And I'm not sure I
want root/postmaster
mail going into the IMAP message store, instead of into a normal local
mailbox, but I
haven't figured that one out yet...

Also not sure where the '-t' in the original sendmail.mc definition for
procmail was
coming from...  I grepped for it in /usr/share/sendmail-cf/*/* and
couldn't find it!!!

-Philip