powernow-k7 and smp enabled kernels

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Jul 11 10:52:16 UTC 2005

Dave Jones wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 10, 2005 at 09:35:23PM -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
> > I recently tried several kernels which had smp support that were stock
> > from Fedora. The kernels did not work for managing my power features.
> > Therefore, I decided to see if downloading the source, making a config
> > file that supported my hardware.
> > My main question is if anyone has tried an smp kernel on a laptop for an
> > AMD processor with any success? Also, does the centrino for Intel
> > processors work when smp is enabled in the kernel?
> > Thanks,
> > Jim
>
>The K7 powernow driver doesn't support SMP, as no SMP capable K7's had powernow.
>The speedstep-centrino driver does support SMP, but I've never seen
>any reports of whether it works ok or not.
>
>		Dave

Thanks Dave!
The custom kernel that I compiled had the same issue with not working
with powernow-k7. It was a good refresher for me to try to compile a
kernel. The acpi poweroff feature worked with the custom version without
any patches applied to the 2.6.12 source.

Jim

--
Genius is ten percent inspiration and fifty percent capital gains.