Apache, httpd, php woes

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Mon Jul 11 13:16:59 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 21:09 -0700, Rashan Jibowu wrote:
> Ok, logging in to root solved the error. Now that php
> is uninstalled (it's depencies remain... should I
> remove these too?), I still cannot start the httpd
> service, nor does it start when my computer starts up.
> In fact, httpd is the only service that fails at start
> up. How can I fix this?

Please do not top post. STOP removing RPMs ad hoc! You have attempted to
fix a broken finger on your left hand by hacking off your right arm. You
are only breaking more things and making it more difficult to find the
real problem.

When HTTPD fails to start, precisely WHAT is in the error log? That is
the judicious starting point.

--
   Tired of spam? Do YOUR part: http://www.BoulderPledge.org
      * Eliminate Spam:         http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm