Re: Minicom has only ansi or vt102

Mark Sargent wrote:

It is not wierd. It sounds like permission problems on the serial
port. Here is what I have

$ ls -l /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw-rw-  1 root uucp 4, 64 Dec  3  2004 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 65 Feb 23  2004 /dev/ttyS1
$

I had to set it up that way in order to use minicom on ttyS0.
I haven't set up ttyS1.

Mike

my permissions on the machine that yesterday I could change back and forth on,

[root localhost ~]# ls -l /dev/ttyS0 /dev/ttyS1
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 64 Jul 12 15:11 /dev/ttyS0
crw-rw----  1 root uucp 4, 65 Jul 12  2005 /dev/ttyS1

which now is stuck at ttyS0 and won't allow me to change, if I wanted to, to ttyS1.

Now, this is wierd. When you log in, what group are you a member of? When I
first started using minicom I couldn't access the ports, until I opened one of
them up as root, to allow world rw.

Fortunately, I don't need to on this machine. All other boxes, 1 at work, CentOS(default minicom installed) and 2 at home, 1 FC3(either default minicom or compiled from source install) and centOS(default minicom install), are stuck on ttyS1 and won't change to ttyS0. The permissions on the work CentOS box for ttyS0 and ttyS1 are the same as above. Cheers.

Sorry. I thought I might have you fixed.

Mike