WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Guy Fraser guy at incentre.net
Tue Jul 12 20:14:43 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-07 at 00:46 -0500, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Stefan Held wrote:
>
> >Am Montag, den 11.07.2005, 19:39 -0400 schrieb Steven W. Orr:
> >

> [snip]
>
> >I suspect either Selinux or udev. Btw last week was a bank robery.
> >Nobody knows who is responsible. I suspect gcc also for that.
> >

> Sarcasm like this really doesn't look well on the one who uses it.
>
> BTW, I had considered upgrading to FC4 from FC2, but reconsidered
> after watching here for about a month.
>
> I don't like this guy's tone much, either. But I decided against FC4 for
> basically the reasons he gave.

Agreed after fighting it out over problems with the last release,
I figured I'd sit this one out for a while and watch everyone else
get bashed around. From what I can tell FC4 was released with a
number of problems that are show stoppers for some, irritants for
others but don't affect some people at all.

I have yet to see a developer say :
Oops, I must have missed that one, please do <this> and reply back
with the results, so I can get right on it for you.

Unfortunately, we're just here to do the QA and provide
entertainment for the developers when the feel like steam rolling
someone.

> [snip]
>
> >Come on, be specific. I cannot use my Washing Machine at all. So now let
> >us blame Fedora for it.
> >

> Makes you look sillier than him.
>
> FC4 looks too unstable for me at present, as well. I'll wait until some
> dust
> settles. But I'm sure things will get worked out.

>From the way the developers talk, you would think this is
the rawhide list. I thought FC was supposed to be a step
above rawhide not the same catagory. I also though FC was
supposed to be STABLE but with frequent revisions, not
unusable except in specific situations.