Installing on external USB hard drive

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Jul 13 09:03:33 UTC 2005

John Austin wrote / ha scritto on /il 13/07/2005 10:45:

>Hi
>Try
>www.vigla.eclipse.co.uk
>You may get bored reading it !!
>The main test machine has SATA main disk
>Only tested up to FC4T3
>John

For sure, it is great: writing just now from a USB FC3  notebook (that
is booting from a CD, as a nasty bios prevents USB booting).
John, does your documents any update for FC4? and I suggest to introduce
also the modified mkinitrd for USB initrd creation, introducing sleep
commands (my experience is that the standard initrd works if I boot from
a Boot CD and digit kernel...initrd... commands , but not from a boot CD)

--
Antonio Montagnani

Mob.+393386586046

Mail by Thunderbird 1.0.2 Websurfing by Firefox 1.0.4
Linux Fedora Core 3 on Maxdata Eco 3200
Linux user number 362582