WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 14:48:09 UTC 2005

--- BRUCE STANLEY <bruce.stanley at prodigy.net> wrote:

> And it is also annoying when people take the
> attidtude
> that everyting is wonderful in 'FC4 LAND' when in
> fact
> it is not.
>
> Yes it is a new release and there will be problems.
> But these problems has a less chance to be fixed if
> everyone takes this 'DON'T COMPLAIN' attitude.
> I have worked in Unix/Linux support and production
> environments since 1991.  You know to fix things by
> letting people tell you what the problems are.
>

> Yes, FC4 has some nice new things, but they also
> broke things that were not brokeng before.
> Example:  video in X,  Sound Events, ...etc
>
> These things worked fine in FC2. Sound Events were
> however broken in FC3 and not fixed in FC4.
>
> Thus, some things have regressed since FC2.
>
> Now I have read talk about upcomming FC5.
> This is begining to sound too much like 'Redmond'
> rushing releases out too soon (I hope I'm wrong on
> this).
>
> I would rather see  FC4.1, FC4.2,  etc.. until
> things
> are fixed instead of hearing talk of an upcomming
> FC5.
>
> If things continue to be release in the current
> fashion
> it could discourage people from using it.
>
> That would not be good.

Agreed. I'm not saying don't post problems or issues.
I'm on the list for help myself. I just don't want
blanket complaints or personal attacks to drive off
the smart people on the list. Idiots like me need
their help.

Post issues; get answers or at least, hopefully,
influence some improvements in Fedora.

..like I said though; noone should listen to me
anyway.

-j