Re: Compaq Presario M2105US & X 6.8

Neil Cherry wrote:

I'm having all sorts of fun trying to get my Presario and X working
nicely. Currently I have it working as VESA in 800x600 mode but
the screen supports 1024x768 but I can't get it to work.

Got this working by commenting the Horizontal and Vertical frequencies in the xorg file. I then put the 1028x768 in front of the 800x600 reference for the display.

I've tried downloading the ATI proprietary drivers but I can't
get them to compile (don't get me started on kernel compiles
with FC4!). Currently I'm having all sorts of problems with
everything (needed to depmod -a to fix module problems that I
hadn't touched etc).

I've not had any further luck with this.

AMD Sempron 2800+
256M ram
40G disk (25G WinXP, 15G Linux)
FC4

--
Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry comcast net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)