Re: pine on FC4 (and DAG repository question)

Itay Furman wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to install pine on my FC4 machine, and would prefer to use yum for the job to minimize future maintainance. The general advice I have found on the web was to use the DAG repository, http://dag.wieers.com/.

However:
1) DAG currently doesn't have an rpm for FC4; and,
2) DAG warns that it is incompatible with livna.org and fedora.us.

Since I use Livna.org to update xine, for example, I would not like to give up using it.

So what are the risks of using DAG if I am only interested in updating pine (and its dependencies) from that repository (assuming in the near future there _will_ be an FC4 pine rpm).

Not much of a problem since Fedora Core or Extras wouldnt have pine as long as they dont use a open source license.

Or, does DAG (and friends) provide the same coverage as Livna.org and fedora.us, and I should abandon the latters? (I hope I am not starting a flame here... :-)

Or, should I just abandon the concept of maintaining pine via yum and go with the UW rpm?
http://www.washington.edu/pine/getpine/linux.html

Thanks for any advice and comments.

You could always switch over to mutt if that is a choice

regards
Rahul