Installing FC4 from iso images

M.Lewis _fedoralist_ at cajuninc.com
Wed Jul 13 20:24:21 UTC 2005

Kam Leo wrote:
> On 7/13/05, M.Lewis <_fedoralist_ at cajuninc.com> wrote:
>

>>Paul Howarth wrote:

>>>The method works for NFS too and is my installation method of choice.
>>>
>>>Hard disk installs and NFS installs can use this method because the
>>>installer can "see" the ISO images on the filesystem and loopback mount
>>>them locally. This doesn't apply for HTTP and FTP installs, so those
>>>methods require that the contents of the ISOs are extracted server-side.
>>>
>>>What do you have in your FC4 install directory on the NFS server?
>>>
>>># ls -l /path/to/isos
>>>
>>>Paul.
>>
>>Thanks Paul. What am I missing?
>>
>>[cajun at moe FedoraCore4]$ ls -l
>>total 2610384
>>-rw-rw-r--  1 cajun cajun   6711296 Jun  6 21:39 boot.iso
>>-rw-rw-r--  1 cajun cajun 665434112 Jun 16 22:32 FC4-i386-disc1.iso
>>-rw-------  1 cajun cajun 668708864 Jun 15 13:55 FC4-i386-disc2.iso
>
>          ^
> I believe your problem is here.  Disc2 needs to be +r so all users are read it.

Thanks Kam. I don't know why I didn't notice that. I assume that was
caused by bittorrent. I tried to use it for the first time when
downloading FC4. Neither of the sha1sums checked on the first two iso's.
I ended up having to do rsync. I guess that is where the perms got
changed around.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl!

--

  It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice
versa.

  Linux Registered User #241685  http://counter.li.org