fc2->fc4 upgrade with software RAID

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.msbb.uc.edu
Wed Jul 13 22:02:28 UTC 2005

    I am about to attempt an upgrade of my Fedora Core 2 (with Fedora
Legacy updates) i386 workstation to Fedora Core 4. This machine has
RAID-1 partitions for /, /var, /boot and /home using software raid.
I have backed up my /home accounts but am a tad worried about
anaconda doing the right thing with the RAID-1 partitions. What
exactly should I look for in anaconda to make certain that it
is properly recognizing the RAID-1 partitions and will create
a usable fstab when it reboots? Or will it even modify the fstab
at all in the case of an upgrade?
                   Jack