C++ errors

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Wed Jul 13 22:38:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 22:35:42 +0100, Ian Malone wrote:

> Archana Naik <arc123_2000 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>  > Hi, All
>  >
>  > I am new to linux and trying to compile my program. I
>  > get these basic C++ errors.
>
>  > **************************************************
>  > /usr/include/c++/3.2.3/cstring:79: `memcpy' not
>  > declared
> <snip long list of similar>
>
>  >
>  > Any ideas??
>
> The first thing that comes to mind is that you're
> doing something funny when trying to compile it.
> Can you show how you're trying to compile and
> preferably a short program that demonstrates the
> problem?

Also, what distribution version is this? And which C++ compiler do you
use? libstdc++ 3.2.3 looks somewhat old. Older than FC1 at least. Could be
an indication that you try to force compilation for an old
compat-libstdc++-devel

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1432_FC5