FC4 - unexplained lockups, system will not start

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 12:47:00 UTC 2005

Nathan Grennan wrote:
> The ATI driver could easily be causing the problem. I would try going
> back to the normal radeon driver. If that doesn't help, try the vesa
> driver. If it still does it with vesa then it is likely not a video
> driver issue. You can change the driver in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

IME, the ati driver is also worth trying. Comment out the
Load "dri"
line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf and change the appropriate Driver line. You
won't get 3D acceleration, but the 2D is fully accelerated.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | ... and watched Richard Stallman ask one of the
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | waiting staff whether the spring rolls did indeed