Re: yum.conf

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Timothy Payne wrote:

I upgraded from FC3 > FC4 but my yum.conf is still for FC3, is there one
for FC4? Or should I wait for fedorafaq.org to make one?

Do you mean /etc/yum.conf ? I don't think mine changed from FC3 to FC4. Even the files in /etc/yum.repos.d/ didn't need to be changed, as they had $releasever rather than 3 or 4, eg baseurl=http://ftp.heanet.ie/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/

The only thing that actually changed, as far as I can see,
is /etc/fedora-release , which now reads
"Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz)".

Stentz? Who or what is a Stentz?

Code name for the Fedora Core 4 release

See http://fedora.redhat.com/about/history/