gnome terminal history [was Re: WARNING:DO NOT UPGRADE TO CORE 4]

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 14 15:25:14 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 08:04, Matthew Miller wrote:
>On Thu, Jul 14, 2005 at 07:09:57AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>> So the first question since I'm not that familiar with gnome, is
>> how do I expand the shell history in gnome thats so easily done in
>> kde?
>
>Right click, pick "Edit Current Profile", choose the tab
> "Scrolling", increase the Scrollback number, press Close.

While it may work (I haven't tried it, the system is currently DOA
again because yum died in mid-session) why is it so hidden?  kde's
terminals have it right out front as 'history', with an auto-inc-dec,
or you can type into it, scrollbox to set the number of lines.

Thanks for the info, and I'll see if I can fix that if I ever get it
going again, but this seemingly purposefull obtuseness of gnome is
one of the reasons I much prefer kde.  Frankly, the gnome attitude
that the customer is never right so this stuff is hidden from an
intuitive menu searching eye gets old, very old, very fast.  Just
like the constant nagging of root when he is trying to get something
constructive done.  Or has that been muffled in this version of
gnome?  Muffled, hell, I'd strangle it after about the 20th time I
had to close a friggin popup.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)