Re: Help: FC4 crashing regularly

Timothy Murphy wrote:

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

It is a cdrw drive which was workign perfectly in FC3.

Surely this is a question of the kernel, not the distribution. Couldn't you compile and run an older kernel? (Or just get it - together with modules and initrd - from an FC3 box?)

Well yes I could just get an older kernel. However I've come to accept that being part of Fedora is taking a few hits for the team in the name of testing. I don't think it helps anyone but myself to go to an older kernel.

Ps It didn't actually sound to me like a problem with the CD reader.