FC4 not using the KDE Login Manager

All;

I cannot get FC4 to use the KDE Login manager. Ive setup a background, icon,
etc in the kde congtrol panel under the login manager settings. However when
I restart X (or reboot) I get a blue screen similar to the gdm login screen
with two text entry boxes (one for username and one for passwd)

I've setup the repo for kde-redhat and my /etc/sysconfig/desktop file looks
like this:
DESKTOP="KDE"
DISPLAYMANAGER="KDE"

Any ideas how to get the real kde login manager working?