fedora support for nvidia nF3,nF4?

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 22:04:21 UTC 2005

Charles F. Zeitler wrote:
> more information! thank you. i may need to
> add to my list. do you use a pci-e video
> card, or does the nforce4 chipset include
> graphics support?

Benjamin Duehring replied:

> I have the same board here, works out of the box and everything is
> supported (like onboard gigabit, onboard sound,...) Even the amd power
> managment works, if the box is idle, the processor works as if it were
> a 1Ghz processor. This will surely be more econonmic.  It has no
> onboard video, you have to use a pci express card. For accelerated 3D
> you need the nvidia driver.

Old-fashioned PCI graphics cards work as well. I have an Asus A8NSLI
board with an old-fashioned PCI Radeon 9250. It works, but you have to
be careful which PCI slot the Radeon goes in. That seems to be a Radeon
quirk, not a NForce 4 quirk.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | When did you last back up your system?
@westexe.demon.co.uk  |