Is the HP PSC 1315 not recognized by FC4?

Vinicius cviniciusm at terra.com.br
Fri Jul 15 23:58:44 UTC 2005

Vinicius wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a HP PSC 1315 and the computer OS is FC4 (the kernel is
> 2.6.12-1.1387_FC4).
>
> The command lspci is not showing the printer, but it did show on FC3 and
> the printer was working on FC3.
>
> Any ideias, please?
>

> TIA,
>
> Vinicius.

Finally, after the kernel "kernel-2.6.12-1.1398_FC4" installed, I was
able to install the printer. Now the command 'lsusb' detects the printer.

Thanks,

Vinicius.

P.S.: As suggested by Dave Jones I did do backups of modprobe.conf and
hwconf, but kudzu wasn't able to detect all my hardware even after a
reboot. So, I had to restore modprobe.conf .