Easy way to update Fedora

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sat Jul 16 14:39:40 UTC 2005

http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/4/i386/RPMS.lvn/livna-release-4-0.lvn.2.4.noarch.rpm
>> - don't forget to follow steps on the configuration page to install the
>> gpg key
>>
>> fedora-extras
>> - rpm.livna.org is not a standalone repository. You must use
>> rpm.livna.org with Fedora Extras. In Core 4 Fedora Extras is included
>> in the default configuration and works out of the box. Fedora Core 3
>> users need to add Fedora Extras manually.
>> - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/UsingExtras
>>
>> Once you have fedora-extras/livna installed you will be able to
>> install any package that is in the repo's, I am going to start with
>> searching packages first though.

> Great writeup Gerald! Thanks.

I don't entirely agree, I am afraid.
There are three standard fedora repositories,
namely fedora, fedora-updates and fedora-extras.
In my view it is unwise to introduce other repositories,
particularly if yum does not appear to be working.

I agree that the rest of the advice was very good.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366