FC4 boot.log no longer being written to

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jul 17 00:57:38 UTC 2005

Ben Roberts wrote:

>/var/log/dmesg provides different information to what is
>contained in the usual boot.log file under FC2 or FC3 though ???
>
>I am concerned because boot.log is a valuable source of
>information, and since upgrading to FC4 it hasn't been updated,
>despite a fair few reboots while configuring the system etc.... I
>was wondering if I've removed some rpm package that was needed to
>facilitate the writing of boot.log whilst purging my system of
>unneeded packages ??

I read this log on occasion also. It quit working on my systemand I
assumed the same thing. Anomther person who upgraded from FC3 to FC4
mentioned the same problem with no more boot logs.

I guess bugzilla reports might shed some light onto why the logs were
stopped from recording info.

Ji

--
Wisdom is rarely found on the best-seller list.