NTFS

Jeff Falter jfalter at meer.net
Sun Jul 17 21:04:18 UTC 2005

Hello,

You folks were so helpful in answering my NTFS question I hope the next
is as simple to answer.

I am trying to set up my wireless card but FC4 doesn't seem to recognize
it. I am running

--Fedora Core 4 Linux with GNOME desktop
--Dell Inspiron 5150
--Dell Wireless Mini PCI Card (equivalent to Intel PRO/Wireless PCI
Card?)

When I run Desktop || System Setting || Network on the GNOME toolbar and
try to add a a new wireless device, a box called "Select Wireless
Device" comes up which only lists "Other wireless card." When I select
this, a box comes up which says "Select Ethernet Adapter" with a list of
adapter types but none of which I recognize as equivalent to my Dell
Wireless card.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I may move forward to make this
wireless card function in FC4? I am connected to my network via a
physical cable at the moment, but the wholke idea of a notebook is to
give me the freedom to move about. Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

May the peace of the Lord be with you!

Jeff Falter, jfalter at meer.net
Elkins WV 26241-3947
(304) 614-3672

Jesus said, “If any want to become my followers, let them deny
themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For those who want to
save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for my sake,
and for the sake of the gospel will save it” (Mark 8.34-35).

“The Church is called to undertake [its] mission even at the risk of
losing its life, trusting in God alone as the author and giver of life,
sharing the gospel, and doing those deeds in the world that point beyond
themselves to the new reality in Christ” (G-3.0400).

“The ultimate measure of a person is not where one stands in moments of
comfort and convenience, but where one stands at times of challenge and
controversy” (Martin Luther King, Jr).